Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Geometric

Someday I will learn how to properly do a tape manicure. Well, that or I will just give up and realise that they are not my friend!

The colours that I used are Snow Me White by Sinful Colors, Shark Attack by Sephora, Bananarama by Kmart and Scarlet by ulta3.


I started off by painting my nails white. I decided to try the Sinful Colors one as a base colour again because it worked well for nail art so I wanted to see what my problem was with it before. I realised that it's because it applies very thickly, so I had to try to keep it thin. It didn't look too bad. I then wanted to make sure that it REALLY dried before applying tape. I have had issues with impatience and tape manis in the past. I painted them before my husband got home. Then he made dinner, we ate, I painted the details on my left hand (for the delicate prompt) and then I put the tape on. They were well and truly dry by that point.

I put the tape on, filled it in, and took the tape off. The blue shapes were fine, but the yellow and red ones came off a bit with the tape and needed touch ups. I again wanted to make sure it dried, so I read for a while because I can't stand waiting. I have very little patience, which is my biggest problem with tape manicures.




I wanted more shapes, so I added more tape after they were dry. I painted the colours and took off the tape. This time the yellow on my pinky completely came off with the tape. I had to fix all the red and yellow ones freehand again.




I realise that It still wasn't a good enough pattern, so I added the third colour to each nail, but I decided to do this last shape freehand. I really should have just done that from the beginning. I have very little patience for drying times, so tape is not my friend. Although since the blue was always dry and it was the yellow and red giving me a hard time, I think that it may have a lot to do with which polishes I use. Maybe sometime I will learn the art of perfecting the tape manicure. This was definitely not that time.



No comments:

Post a Comment