Saturday, September 6, 2014

Violet

I was pretty sick on Saturday so I didn't have a chance to do my nails. Then I was busy on Sunday so I didn't get a chance to catch up until Monday! But since it's for a daily challenge, I'm backdating this blog post.

I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do for violet nails, so I looked at my polishes and chose Grape Icy by Revlon, which is a scented one but not one of the current parfumerie ones. I also chose Pink Diamonds by L.A. Colors.


I started with painting my accent nail Pink Diamonds. It took a more than a few coats to get it to show up enough that I was happy with it. I painted the others with Grape Icy and added the tape to my accent nail when it was fully dry.


I then painted over the nail and tape with Grape Icy. I realised that the lighting inside makes it look pink when I take a picture, so I went outside in the natural light. Usually it's late and dark, since it's winter, by the time I do my nails, so I was glad to be able to go outside. I shows a much more accurate colour of my nails.


I took the tape off and this is how it looked. I like the concept, but this Grape Icy was definitely the wrong polish to use. It kept smudging and not drying. I think it just dries at a slower rate than my other polishes. When I took off the tape, the Grape Icy polish sort of stretched and covered up the Pink Diamonds part. I used a pencil to separate it so that you could see the lines. I'll definitely do this design again, just not with the same polishes!





No comments:

Post a Comment