Sunday, September 7, 2014

Black and White

I had more success with catching up with the black and white design. I had a design in mind, but it ended being too much trouble if I tried to do it with tape, so I altered it.

I used my only white and black nail polishes which are Lily white from Ulta3 and the unknown Wet n Wild black.


I first painted my nails white and then added some tape. My original design was like my ring finger only with more diamonds within diamonds. I'm really not very good at tape manicures, so I decided to go a simpler route.


The next step is completely covering the rest of the nail in black.


I took a picture right after I took off the tape to show the problems that can arise with tape manicures. As you can see, I have a few spots where the black sneaked in underneath the tape to the part that was supposed to stay white. I also have some purple spots because I was doing the violet nails at the same time and got some on the tape. But the problem that often happens to me is what happened to my index finger. That's because I didn't have enough patience. It's what happens when you put tape over nail polish that isn't fully dry. The reason it only happened to that finger was because I kept smudging it and needed to add new coats while the others all had a chance to dry.


Finally I cleaned it all up and fixed the mistakes to the best of my abilities without completely redoing them.


No comments:

Post a Comment