Sunday, September 21, 2014

Inspired by (a) Colour

The prompt is Inspired by a Colour. I thought that was kind of weird because the first third of the month was being inspired by different colours. I saw some other ones from this prompt and I guess I could have gone with an inspiration from a specific nail polish, but I decided on a different route. I chose to take off the article 'a' and make it inspired by colour. And what better way to show colour, other than nail polish of course, than with crayons!

I saw a crayola inspired manicure on Pinterest a while back and decided to do my own.

The colours that I used were Koala Bear-y by OPI, Shark Attack by Sephora, Red Red by Wet n Wild, Amazon Amaz-off by OPI, Bananarama by Kmart, and my unknown black.


I started off with painting my nails the different colours. I really don't like the red ever since I found out with my birthday manicure that it melts. However since I am only having these manicures for a day, it doesn't matter and I might as well use it! My fingers somehow got really stained at this point. It sort of almost washed off between painting them at night and taking the final picture the next day.


They look better than I was giving myself credit for last night. I wished that I had used a different brush to paint on the black designs because it ended up being thicker than I wanted. I also had to dab on some red dots because I had made a mess with the black on that nail. I almost had no swirl.



No comments:

Post a Comment