Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Glitter

As soon as I read the glitter prompt, I knew exactly what polishes I wanted to use. Although it does feel a bit like cheating because the polishes came in a set. They are Pretty in Plum and the silver sparkly polish that came with it that doesn't seem to have a name printed on it. They are from Nicole by OPI's Selena Gomez collection.


I started with a base of Pretty in Plum. It's amazing how much lighting makes a difference. The first picture is what it looks like to the eye. I had to take this picture in my bedroom where there is more natural looking lighting, since I do my nails at night and the sun is gone. The second picture is taken at my desk with my desk light. This is where I usually take my nail pictures.



I wanted to create an effect where the glitter was thick near the tip and thinned out as you go down the nail. I thought that would be easy because most glitter polishes are so clear. This one was actually really opaque. I had to use a sponge to get this effect or it would have just been solid glitter on half of my nails. I really love how they turned out and the colours together, but I may have gone a little less on the glitter if I redid them.


No comments:

Post a Comment