Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The wonderful thing about tiggers is tiggers are wonderful things!

Today's theme for the 31 Day Challenge is orange. I was sketching out different ideas for this month last night and I decided to go with tiger stripes for today. Then I took it one more step and went with Tigger!

These are the nail polishes that I used for my nail art. They are Jail Bait from Spoiled (which is an orange jelly, which I didn't realise when I bought it, but is my only bright orange), my unknown black, Belsize Park from nails inc, Lily White from Ulta3, and Summer Rose from boe.


I first painted my nails with the Jail Bait. I really dislike that this one is a jelly. I need to buy a new orange once I have a job and allow myself to buy nail polish again. I painted my middle finger white because that's where I was going to paint Tigger's head. The orange is the top half of his head and how I started.


The next step was to add the lighter cream parts of his face. I don't have a pale yellow, so I mixed a tiny drop of Belsize Park in with some Lily White until I was happy with the colour.


Next was his nose with the Summer Rose polish.


I finished off by adding some black outlines to his face as well as his eyes. I really need to get a black polish pen because I used my small dotting tool for the lines. I always use it and it is usually alright, but these lines had to be really skinny or it would block off the rest of his face. That happened at some points so I then had to mix up the light yellow again and paint over a bit of the black.


Once I finished Tigger, I added the black stripes.





1 comment: