Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Inspired by a Book

My favourite books are the Harry Potter books, but I didn't want to do another Harry Potter manicure because challenges are about challenging yourself and adding to your repertoire. I decided to go for my next favourite book, which has been so since about fifth grade when I first read it.

That book is The Giver by Lois Lowry. It has recently been made into a movie, but I haven't seen it yet. I'm waiting until it's out on DVD. But since it was just made, it helped me come up with ideas because of all the promotional things.

I decided to go with a black and white gradient because their community is in black and white. I painted a red apple on an accent nail because that's the first colour that he sees in the book.

The colours I chose are Snow Me White by Sinful Colors, my unknown black, Red Red by Wet n Wild, A-piers to be Tan by OPI, and Envious by Kmart.





I really do love how the gradient turned out. I don't normally do top coat, but I added it here so that I had a smooth canvas on which to paint my apple. I also loved how the apple turned out. Not only is The Giver one of my favourite books, but this was also one of my favourite manicures that I've done.




No comments:

Post a Comment