Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Gradient

Today's theme was gradient. I was thinking about doing ombre, until I picked out my clothes for today. I'm wearing a shirt that's blue with bright green lettering. I decided to do a sponge with those colours. I chose envious from Kmart and No Room for the Blues from OPI.


I painted my nails white before I sponged last time. They weren't as colourful as I would have liked, so I started went with the blue as a base colour. I didn't bother with cleaning up my nails at this point because I knew that the sponging would just make more of a mess!


I learned some lessons while trying to clean this off. The biggest lesson was that I should have done what I do with water marbling and put Vaseline around my nails for easier clean up. I also learned that it causes my fingers and nails to get really sticky. I had to wash my hands throughout the process of cleaning around my nails.


I finished off my adding a top coat. I don't usually add a top coat because it often causes my nail art to smudge and get colour into my clear top coat. I knew that it would look a lot better, though, because sponging gives your nails a weird texture and removes the shine. You can see the difference between the picture above and below.




No comments:

Post a Comment