Sunday, September 28, 2014

Inspired by a Flag

Being the Public Health nerd that I am, I chose to use the World Health Organization's flag for my inspiration. The flag is sometimes seen with the snake and pole as yellow instead of white. I chose to go with the yellow for ease of painting, but this picture was better quality than any of the yellow ones that I saw.

Flag of WHO.svg

I chose No Room for the Blues by OPI, Snow Me White by Sinful Colors and Bananarama by Kmart.



After adding the base colour, I started adding the white circles that represented the latitude lines on the globe. There were five of them. Then I added the laurel. I did this with two dots and then joining them down. It's similar to how you do hearts, such as in my wedding nails post.


I added some blobs where the countries went next. It's hard to have that much detail in such a small area.


The yellow pole was next.


Followed by the snake. This is when I realised that the yellow was a bit transparent and I tried to mix in a bit of white with it to make it opaque.


I added the eye next and thought that I should try outlining the snake and pole. I'm not sure if that was a good thing or not. I felt like it kind of looked like a mess. In the end, it didn't really matter because it all got messed up in less than an hour after since I had to wash the dishes from dinner.


The finished product!



No comments:

Post a Comment