Sunday, September 14, 2014

Flowers

There's been an idea for flowers that I've wanted to do for a while but since I was in a continuing winter, it just didn't seem right. Now that it's finally Spring in the Southern Hemisphere and the prompt for today is flowers, I finally did it!

The colours that I used are No Room for the Blues by OPI, Bananarama by Kmart, and Snow Me White by Sinful Colors.


I started with painting my nails blue.


The next step was to make daisies from white dots. I used Snow Me White because I didn't like how it paints when that's the base colour, so I wanted to see how it looked in nail art. I was happy that it worked well because it means that I won't be wasting a bottle of polish!


The final step was to add the yellow centers. If I do this again, I would probably use a smaller dotting tool to make littler flowers. I do still really like the design, though. It's just too bad that this prompt isn't next week when my in-laws visit because we'll be going to Floriade, which is a big flower festival in Canberra!





3 comments:

  1. Floriade! I look forward to it every year. I went today and admired the daffodils.

    Your daisies are looking perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really excited about Floriade because I've never been. I wasn't able to go two years ago when I went to uni in Canberra and I just moved back a couple months ago.

      Delete
    2. I think the second and third weekends are the best weekends to go - the most flowers are in bloom then. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete